Roane County Government is committed to providing equal opportunity in all programs and services to ensure compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Tennessee Code Annotated 4-21-904, which prohibits discrimination against participants or clients of County programs and/or services on the basis of race, color or national origin. The intent of the law is to ensure that all persons, regardless of their race, color or national origin, are allowed to participate in these programs.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits discrimination in programs that are federally funded, and T.CA. 4-21-904 specifically prohibits discrimination in programs that are State Funded.
Prohibited practices include but are not limited to:
- Denying a person any service, financial aid, or benefits because of race, color, or national origin.
- Providing a different service or benefit, or providing these in a different manner from those provided
to others in the program.
- Requiring different standards or conditions prerequisites for serving individuals.
- Locating facilities in any way that would limit or impede access to a federally funded service or benefit.
- Failing to make allowances for language or education difficulties.
Any person(s) or organizations(s) believing they have been a victim of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin may file a complaint with the agency in question, or with the Roane County Title VI Coordinator/ Jennifer Suter.
200 E Race Street Suite 1
Kingston, TN 37763
Title VI Brochures, Posters and Complaint Forms