Title VI of the Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits discrimination in programs that are federally funded, and T.CA. 4-21-904 specifically prohibits discrimination in programs that are State Funded.
Prohibited practices include but are not limited to:
- Denying a person any service, financial aid, or benefits because of race, color, or national origin.
- Providing a different service or benefit, or providing these in a different manner from those provided
to others in the program.
- Requiring different standards or conditions prerequisites for serving individuals.
- Locating facilities in any way that would limit or impede access to a federally funded service or benefit.
- Failing to make allowances for language or education difficulties.
Any person(s) or organizations(s) believing they have been a victim of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin may file a complaint with the agency in question, or with the Roane County Title VI Coordinator/ County Executive’s Office.